Home  :  Rules  :  Join Us  :  Bookmark Page  Login : About Us
Online Football League Management Homepage OFLM is Sponsored by www.3DMG.com
You are visiting OFLM on Thu May 24, 2018 at 8:39 AM Powered by ESMS+ v3.10
Next Deadline: Season 22 Week 13 on Thursday 5th April 2018 20:00 BST League Status: Closed Transfer Market: Closed
forum

Forum Home | OFLM Chat | Thread for Ceri

«
»     [Search This Thread]
Author Topic: Thread for Ceri
Dale Bannister-Gregory
Vasco Veterans

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
 Thread for Ceri
«Thread Started May 8, 2018 at 18:15 pm»

Hi guys,

We don't really know whats happened or why Ceri's gone.

But I think lots of us want to say goodbye, thanks or other words to the big man. So lets keep them in the same place so if he does pop by for a few minutes at some point in the future he can find them all easily and not have to read through however many threads appear between now and then.

For my part I'd like to say:

Thanks for taking on the burden of running this game and putting up with our whining, complaining and drama for 22 seasons. Fantastic work fella. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we have.

If anything has happened, I hope its not too bad and everything works out. Either way, it's always right to drop things that don't matter in the big picture for things that do. Best wishes for whatever you end up doing next.

Matthew Myatt
Tolstoy Dynamo

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
 Re:Thread for Ceri
«Reply May 8, 2018 at 19:41 pm»

OFLM has been a part of my life for 8 years now so it will be a big miss if this is the end, but Iíd like to thank Ceri for allowing me those 8 years to get my team from lower table 4th division obscurity to lower table 2nd division obscurity :-). Iíve enjoyed every minute of it, and thatís including the derby day defeats to The Brahma Bulls.

Thanks for putting so much time into an awesome game mate, I donít know whatís going on in your life but I wish you all the best for the future.

Chris Hopton
FC Vikings

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply May 8, 2018 at 12:10 pm»

I've been in this game a relatively short period of time compared to quite a few here, but boy have I loved it!

Ceri, if you do ever read this I just want to say thank you for creating a truly engrossing football management experience - never have I stuck at something in real time for so long before...and that's testament to what you have done!

Good luck with your future endeavours and I hope you still have time to drop on here every so often :-)

Neil Rowley
Athletico Bearbrass

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply May 8, 2018 at 14:08 pm»

I haven't been here as long as some of you (most of you) but would like to add my thanks to Ceri for running a great game over so long a period. It's always been well run and Ceri always helpful.

Hopefully if it does continue he'll be able to pop in and say hi sometime.

Adrian Burke
Sloths Celtic

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply May 8, 2018 at 15:29 pm»

I'm 32 this year, On Friday actually.

I started playing this game when I was just 16. Was in an IT lesson at 6th form and Rich Edmunds was on this. He signed me up and at first I did not get it, couldn't win a game to save my life. Then, I managed to win and got addicted.

I remember I would spend hours and hours monitoring the teams and work out calculations because I enjoyed it.

Yes, I got so bad I had another team, luckily I came clean and managed to carry on with this game.

Finally going to win something and it ends... typical.

However, it's safe to say that I have enjoyed every single minute of this game. Whilst I've only met Rich and Luke from Keighley. (Any news on him?) Theirs plenty more of you on facebook that I speak to from time to time.

Maybe Ceri will come back, but it's been over a month now and when things are that bad, its simply game over deep down. It's had a great innings mind.

Hopefully in the future, Ceri will return to this arena and re-start the game again. He's got a list of managers and they have their contacts. I'm sure loads of them will come back, will it be the same as this? I doubt it. This game took years and years of slow development to get it to where it is now.

No idea what's gone on though, all we can do is sit and wait for an explanation.

Yet, nobody knows when the domain will cease to exist... so maybe their should be a contingency plan put in place. Facebook page anyone?

Jason Hopton
Hebden Bridge Aliens

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply May 8, 2018 at 16:07 pm»

Adi, I recommend you read the thread oflm is finished. There is a light!

Derek Hughes
Brothers Revolution

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply May 8, 2018 at 19:22 pm»

I am only in my 2nd season with OFLM but Ceri has brought a green glow to my life. Bit embarassed tbh how excited I get at 9pm on a Thursday night.

I appreciate all the hard work put in behind the scenes for my free enjoyment. Not much is given freely in this world without ulterior motives.

So thank you Ceri & all the best for your future.

Derek Hughes
Brothers Revolution

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply May 8, 2018 at 19:22 pm»

I am only in my 2nd season with OFLM but Ceri has brought a green glow to my life. Bit embarassed tbh how excited I get at 9pm on a Thursday night.

I appreciate all the hard work put in behind the scenes for my free enjoyment. Not much is given freely in this world without ulterior motives.

So thank you Ceri & all the best for your future.

Guy Walsh
The Brahma Bulls

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply May 8, 2018 at 20:21 pm»

To echo my thoughts from another thread (great idea on this one by the way, Dale), I just want Ceri to know that we all understand that life comes first, and whatever has happened, I hope you and your loved ones are okay.

Life moves on, what was once relevant and exciting can become a chore, or simply just not a priority. Thank you for everything you've done running this game, it's been a fun seven or so years for me. You've definitely earned a rest!

Callum Evans
Solent City

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply May 8, 2018 at 22:09 pm»

Thanks for all your time Ceri and all our chats. Hope you'll come back when you're able if just to say hi to everyone. :-)

Wishing you all the best.

«
»     [Search This Thread]
Online Football League Management website developed by Making Websites, established in 2002 Top ^