Home  :  Rules  :  Join Us  :  Bookmark Page  Login : About Us
Online Football League Management Homepage OFLM is Sponsored by www.3DMG.com
You are visiting OFLM on Fri Dec 15, 2017 at 3:37 PM Powered by ESMS+ v3.10
Next Deadline: S21 Promotional Play-offs Finals on Thursday 30th November 2017 20:00 GMT League Status: Closed Transfer Market: Closed
forum

Forum Home | OFLM Chat | Foley signs new contract with Toto

«
»     [Search This Thread]
Author Topic: Foley signs new contract with Toto
Joe Foley
The Toto Project

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
 Foley signs new contract with Toto
«Thread Started Dec 1, 2017 at 10:37 am»

Joe Foley today signed a new contract that will keep him at Toto until the end of Season 22. Speaking to the media he said:

"I'm not a manager that stays at a club for 10 years so they can see their 16 year old youth player develop into an average midfielder. At the start of every season I set a target, if I meet it then I stay, if I don't then I resign. It's simple.

We set ourselves an ambitious target to make the playoffs, and we smashed it, finishing 3rd and were in contention to get up automatically until the final few weeks.

We are obviously disappointed with our loss against Tweeside. For me personally that's the second time Tweeside have beaten me in a playoff final, I resigned as Dukla manager after they beat me in the Div 4 final; but that was because our target was promotion and I didn't meet it.

We feel hard done by by the inconsistencies of the playoff fitness sytem. We rested everybody in the Semi 2nd leg to make sure we had a clear fitness advantage for the final, only to be informed that fitness was boosted back to 100. This is completely different to what happened the previous season, and I would be even more livid if I was a team like Solent City who lost the final to us because of that fitness disadvantage.

Ultimately our tactics weren't good enough. Tweeside are a boring team that rely on their 40 rated loan goalkeeper, and we just seem unable to get the better of them. I attacked from the get go but they sucker punched us. Then we had a man sent off after 20. Despite that, I was proud of the players to get us back in the game but it simply wasn't enough.

Our target for next season is promotion. I will be resigning if I fail to achieve that. But I am confident we will achieve our goal. We need to improve the squad over the summer, as we're in a tough division.

Thanks to the fans for all their support."

Jason Hopton
Hebden Bridge Aliens

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
 Re:Foley signs new contract with Toto
«Reply Dec 1, 2017 at 11:06 am»

Next year should be a competitive season, the teams coming down from div 2 are not at the standard of liberty or Lewes. The teams coming up from div 4 are not as good as the teams exiting div 3.

Out of all the seasons next season is the one Iím really looking forward to, my early money will be on dragon & toto in the automatics.

Joe Foley
The Toto Project

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply Dec 1, 2017 at 11:22 am»

The thing I found with Division 3 is that I could never take 3 points for granted. In Division 4, if you're one of the better teams then there's certain fixtures you just know you'll win 99% of the time.

I drew home and away with Valladolid. That would never happen in Div 4.

Callum Evans
Solent City

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply Dec 1, 2017 at 12:30 pm»

On 1/12/2017 at 10:37 am, Joe Foley wrote:
I would be even more livid if I was a team like Solent City who lost the final to us

Solent City manager, Callum, was fuming at this part of Joe Foley's statement regarding his contract extension at Toto. This calculative and repeated manipulation of the past to suit some twisted agenda is mirrored only in the likes of Nineteen Eighty-Four, he said.

"Last season we vastly outclassed Toto. This is why we beat them in the divisional cup first round 18-0 despite not even bothering to submit (check our trophy cabinet - the facts don't lie). Then we knocked them out of the OFLM cup semi finals playing only goalkeepers.

A third of the season in I was unhappy with promotion, and opted to intentionally lose 16 games in a row by playing 1-1-8 A and finished 11th. This was much to the delight of Joe, who was sheepishly concerned he'd have to face (lose to) us in the playoff final. In actual fact, he played Devon Sunrays in the final, not us, so yeah. Take that Joe.

Now he's desperately trying to claw back some street cred by distorting past events before the scheduled public humiliation event that is Solent City vs The Toto Project in the first half of next season."

Issac Tongue
Hawker FC

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply Dec 1, 2017 at 12:56 pm»

Just want to send my congrats to Treforest,Tweedside and Staddiscombe.

Oh and by the way Mr(thrown my rattle out of the pram)Foley you have persistently misspelt the name of Tweedside FC in all of these posts
You've kept missing the D out of their name.
But I suppose that reflects you on missing out on promotion to division 2!
Have some respect mate for the other managers who take part in this game.
Don't have the assumption that all you have to do us turn up and the match is yours.
Never underestimate the opposition!
Unless of course you are Roy Hodgson in disguise!:-D

Thom Hughes
Errigal United

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply Dec 1, 2017 at 17:20 pm»

Have you seen the age of Toto's defence? They are going into freefall. I think Foley should have moved onto pasture's new while he had the chance!

My money's on the Brother's to win the league with Hebden & Vasco battling it out for 2nd :)

On 1/12/2017 at 11:06 am, Jason Hopton wrote:
Next year should be a competitive season, the teams coming down from div 2 are not at the standard of liberty or Lewes. The teams coming up from div 4 are not as good as the teams exiting div 3.

Out of all the seasons next season is the one Iím really looking forward to, my early money will be on dragon & toto in the automatics.

Chris Hopton
FC Vikings

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply Dec 1, 2017 at 17:31 pm»

This thread is getting tasty, gonna fetch me some popcorn :-D

Jason Hopton
Hebden Bridge Aliens

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply Dec 1, 2017 at 18:19 pm»

On 1/12/2017 at 17:20 pm, Thom Hughes wrote:
Have you seen the age of Toto's defence? They are going into freefall. I think Foley should have moved onto pasture's new while he had the chance!

My money's on the Brother's to win the league with Hebden & Vasco battling it out for 2nd :)

Iíve seen the age but joe has proved to me time and again he is no smhuck. He will have a plan to rebuild and renew. Sell the old buy the old. I guarantee you this team next year will succeed

Joe Foley
The Toto Project

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply Dec 1, 2017 at 16:12 pm»

On 1/12/2017 at 12:56 pm, Issac Tongue wrote:
Just want to send my congrats to Treforest,Tweedside and Staddiscombe.

Oh and by the way Mr(thrown my rattle out of the pram)Foley you have persistently misspelt the name of Tweedside FC in all of these posts
You've kept missing the D out of their name.
But I suppose that reflects you on missing out on promotion to division 2!
Have some respect mate for the other managers who take part in this game.
Don't have the assumption that all you have to do us turn up and the match is yours.
Never underestimate the opposition!
Unless of course you are Roy Hodgson in disguise!:-D

This felt like being savaged by a dead sheep.

I apologise to everyone for the TweeDside mis-spelling.

It probably does reflect the fact that I got my tactics wrong for the final; but in my defence I finished 10pts ahead of them in the regular season, and the teams I was promoted with last season finished 10th and 14th, so 3rd wasn't bad going (considering I was the worst team of the lot when we were together in Div 4).

I sold my first coach draft position for lots of (old players). That improved my team immeasurably. I have respect for the managers that spend time bringing young players through, but it's just not how I operate. Sell old, buy old is a much quicker route to success (as well as maximising the loan system). The highest position Toto have ever finished is 15th in Division 2. I feel like I'm on track to beat that.

I think if you look in the stats thread I did about successive promotions, I actually predicted that I was going to lose to TweeDside. I hate, hate hate playing them, and this was the 2nd playoff final I've lost to them.

Joe Foley
The Toto Project

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply Dec 1, 2017 at 16:18 pm»

On 1/12/2017 at 17:20 pm, Thom Hughes wrote:

We are stengthening goalkeeper, and I think my defence compares well against the rest of the division, even with the forthcoming rating drops of Quinn and Galic. I signed Galic from the free agent list last summer, so it's not like I didn't anticipate this! Just takes a bit of planning.

TweeDside had a really poor defence comparable to the rest of the division. They had a 40 rated keeper. Makes a difference.

«
»     [Search This Thread]
Online Football League Management website developed by Making Websites, established in 2002 Top ^