Home  :  Rules  :  Join Us  :  Bookmark Page  Login : About Us
Online Football League Management Homepage OFLM is Sponsored by www.3DMG.com
You are visiting OFLM on Fri Dec 15, 2017 at 3:46 PM Powered by ESMS+ v3.10
Next Deadline: S21 Promotional Play-offs Finals on Thursday 30th November 2017 20:00 GMT League Status: Closed Transfer Market: Closed
forum

Forum Home | Talk about other stuff | High speed coronal hole

«
»     [Search This Thread]
Author Topic: High speed coronal hole
Luke Richards
WBA Baracus

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
 High speed coronal hole
«Thread Started Sep 28, 2017 at 00:13 am»

A high speed coronal hole stream is now moving past our planet. Geomagnetic storming will be possible during the next 24-48 hours.

KP 7 Aurora. Red Alert? :-O

This is the reason the whole country tonight (?) is covered in cloud and you can't see fuck all and probably pissing down as well in most places, especially in N.Wales (I've been there), but oddly enough not in Orkney even though it's always pissing down here, and windy.

As for having a telescope in N.Scotland for what use that is you may as well shove it up your arse. At least then you can see Uranus. :-(

:-D

Callum Evans
Solent City

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
 Re:High speed coronal hole
«Reply Sep 28, 2017 at 00:37 am»

Thanks Brian Cox, I hadn't heard of coronal holes. Great midnight learning.

Adrian Burke
Sloths Celtic

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply Sep 28, 2017 at 17:00 pm»

Meanwhile in Cape Verde... Clear blue skies and warm weather!

Luke Richards
WBA Baracus

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply Sep 28, 2017 at 18:09 pm»

I bet you didn't see the aurora from there though the other night. Do you get a good view of the milky way there night time Adi? Or do the lights from your hotel pollute the view? You're not asleep are you in the middle of the night?

Luke Richards
WBA Baracus

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply Sep 28, 2017 at 19:07 pm»

My digital camera is fecked. Well the control wheel on the back for manual control is fecked, which I need for night shots. It's totally bananas and cycles through various different settings and buggers them up in the process, when all I'm trying to do is change the exposure.

Anyone had their digital camera fixed? I suspect what they want to repair it costs too much and makes more sense to save up for a new one. I've emailed Sony but instead of answering my question how much it's likely to cost, they've given me a phone no. and a freepost address if I want to send it to Pencoed up the road from Ceri's place. It's good that you can send it off to them for free I suppose. It wont be free to get it back again though. I thought it was Sony UK I had emailed in the first place, no it wasn't it was sent from Belgium.

I managed to get some pics before it went completely nuts. I think the best pic I took was of the milky way rather than the ones of the aurora. They're not even in focus, I think the dumbass camera was focusing on the bloody fence that was in front of me. 8-o Also camera shake because of the feckin' wind so they weren't my best pics. :-(

That was really frustrating, the best of the aurora show was after I gave up with the camera and there were bands of green light going up in the sky etc instead of just the green glow.

It was quite a caper going up the hill in the dark though even if the pics were crap and it was freezing cold at the top I was only wearing a tracksuit with my beanie hat on. Well it's only the middle of October 'innit. One torch died on me before I had even got half way there. I didn't have my head torch on me because I couldn't find it. I had to keep switching off the spare torch I took along and walking in the dark because I needed it to get back.

There's big evil cows up there as well surrounding you so you've got big glowing eyes in the dark looking back at you and it gives you the feckin' willies...and they really, REALLY stink!! I don't need a torch to know where they are. The track is completely covered in runny cow shit as well (from the rain washing it down) so you're walking in it. You can't go around it because it's everywhere. I had to pass the buggers again on the way back down as well and they were still bloody standing there. Christ they stink... Did I mention how much they stink? :-D

Luke Richards
WBA Baracus

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply Sep 28, 2017 at 15:14 pm»

I just phoned up Sony. 117 for standard repair I was told :-O. 117 my arse!

Luke Richards
WBA Baracus

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply Sep 28, 2017 at 16:34 pm»

I've had another estimate from a camera shop which isn't much better, and if the repair means them having to obtain spare parts from Sony then it's stupidly expensive for likely nothing more than a bit of plastic.

I think Sony are taking the piss I wont be buying anything made by Sony again.

Luke Richards
WBA Baracus

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply Sep 28, 2017 at 22:10 pm»

Had another estimate of 55 + return shipping from another camera shop which isn't bad but I've taken it apart and decided to fix it myself, there's someone on eBay in France selling the part / PCB I need. 15 is cheaper.

Luke Richards
WBA Baracus

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply Sep 28, 2017 at 15:00 pm»

The part I've been waiting for finally came this morning. So I've unbusted the busted camera. Was an easy job in the end, the ribbon cable went in easily. I just had one awkward screw that didn't want to go back in for some reason. I had to be careful they are very tiny screws and I didn't want any of them ending up in the carpet. Difficult to see what you're doing with everything so small and fiddly as well so I put my headtorch on. Good way of pointing a light where you're looking without having to hold it. That's quite good timing it should be good for the aurora tonight if the sky is clear.

Luke Richards
WBA Baracus

[Member Pic]
Send Personal Message
«Reply Sep 28, 2017 at 17:44 pm»

KP 6 predicted for tonight. :-D

http://www.aurora-service.eu/aurora-forecast-non-flash/

«
»     [Search This Thread]
Online Football League Management website developed by Making Websites, established in 2002 Top ^